Monday, September 6, 2010

It aint over till God says it's over

I'm at a standstill right now.

I went to school to study something that I cannot stand to work. It's actually quite funny.
All my life (so far) I've been wondering what to do with myself. What was my calling, my purpose? What am I going to do for the rest of my life? Well I FINALLY got it figured out. And it didn't come influenced by anyone's pressure or cause my mom told me to. I figured it out and now I know that I want to be a nurse.
Its a great career after all, and all it takes is passion and dedication to do it. I HAVE THAT!!!

So what's my problem? The main issue: MONEY!!!

Urgh. Like I said I went to school to become a medical administrative assistant (professional title for Hospital Unit Clerk) and I was soooooooo excited when I started my program. I was a MODEL student. Staying up all night to study my medical terminology and reading up chapters. I tell you, at times I felt like I was in nursing school. I was soo happy. But now I realised that it being in school that I was excited about. Not what I was in school for. lol
I've been out of highschool for 5 years now, and finally going to college felt GREAT. I felt like my life had purpose. But now I'm right back to where I started.

Though I got a casual position working in my feild, it's NOT what I want to do. It's intimidating, and I felt so uncomfortable and useless when I was there during my training. That was in April, I called in for work since then. Now I work at a local grocery store. It's definately not as glamourous and the money isn't as good as what I would be making if I was at the hospital, but it's not killing me either.

When I went to school last year, I didn't consider nursing to be an option. Number 1: being that I didn't have any interest in it, nor did I think I would be good at it. I just didn't see myself as a nurse. And everyone always telling me to go into nursing only made me want to run for the hills even more.
But what changed my mind and my heart was studying about the body and learning the terminology. Granted it's only a glimpse of what REAL nursing is about, I was intruduced to the full grand scope of it when I went to do my practicum at a nursing unit. There I got to SEE for myself what nursing is like, what nurses do. The paper work, what the patients looked like, what they go through, what the nurses go through, EVERYTHING. And I thought, "man this aint bad, it's actually pretty cool". I was intrigued.
Spending a month in that unit changed my mind completely and now I want to go into that feild.

You see, I feel like EVERYTHING in life happens for a reason. 5 years after highschool I've finally decided on what I want to do with my life. Most people I know who when to highschool with me are done school and started on their careers. A few of them are married with kids. But I aint thinking about them lol.
My race in life begins and ends with me. I dont know how long it's going to take before I can go to nursing school or when I'm gonna be the one married with kids, but I trust GOD.
After all He is the author and finisher of my life. I have faith that everything will be alright in my life. He will supply.


Be Blessed

Laydii
Future Registed Nurse

No comments:

Post a Comment