Thursday, June 24, 2010

What's a girl to do?

The time is drawing closer and closer for me to make a final decision and pick a career. The good thing is Ive finally decided I want to be a nurse. The hard part is deciding what kind of nurse I want to be or what level of nursing I want to go to school for. You see, there is a huge demand for nurses because of the shortage, but people are realising that they can hire an LPN to do the work of an RN without paying the RN salary. It's worped but genious in a twisted cruel brilliant way. On the plus side it means alot of LPN jobs, on the negative what's an RN to do?

What's my beef you say? Well as potential nursing student, I cant decide whether I should join the bandwagon and jump on the LPN (Licensed practical nurse) train for the sake of landing a permanent full time job right after school or go all the way and be an RN and have that security knowing that my skills will be recognised and wanted whereever I go. Hmmm.... it's all about time and money with me.

I don't know I think I should think about it more.

No comments:

Post a Comment